Sunday, November 2, 2014

I am being told JOBS, JOBS, JOBS

I received this note in reply to my request for campaign support.

I am being told loud and clear what to do.




Jim,
I live in the rdn, not in the city and as such can't vote. We share an admiration for Nanaimo but perhaps not at the same level. I was born and raised here but moved away for college and again for work, where I lived in Calgary for nearly 10 years. I returned in 2004 but still fund myself working elsewhere. Why? Because there is no industrial activity here. Being a construction manager in the energy and utility sector I know more about most take for granted. I understand business and I have an entrepreneurial spirit but this place is broken and does not allow it to flourish as it would elsewhere. Nanaimo has a big problem and unless guys like you change it, I'm afraid this next term and the one after it will see a massive and unexpected decline in taxes to the point where more than 75% of this place will live below the poverty line. No one wants to pay attention to that. The special interest groups that chase away development, big business and industrial tax, are a cancer here and only you can change it.
If you fail to recognize that, you too will fall. I suspect however you won't though.

Now, I've really got to find some work. I don't build condos or hi rise towers though so... 

Where's the WTE? The bio burner, the multiplex? The wind farm? The pellet facility? 



No comments:

Post a Comment