Thursday, November 17, 2011

First Nations Support for Bridge to Newcastle Island

Good things keep coming to me.  Like today a phone call that lead to this revelation - something I have been climbing out of my skin to share.

Chief White & I connected on Thanksgiving evening on facebook, before I even announced for Mayor.  Not only was it Thanksgiving - it was his birthday.  The actual conversation is interesting but I think this is more significant, permission to share the fact that I do acknowledge and respect Snuneymuxw.  Newcastle Island is first and foremost their domain.  I just want to help.




  • about an hour ago
    Jim Routledge
    • Good day Doug - I hope you got my phone message. I really want to share our Thanksgiving conversation. I see no downside, I see just upside. I see respect given & taken. Am I missing something?
  • about an hour ago
    Doug White
    • Hello Jim,

      You can say that you did contact me and that I support the idea of a bridge to Newcastle to enable more citizens to visit the island.

      I was contacted by Ron Bolin the other day, who is a family friend, and I let him know that I had talked to you because he was expressing concern that you had not. I told him there is no reason to be concerned, but that I very much appreciated you honouring our discussion that Snuneymuxw was not yet ready to discuss this matter publicly. But if you are taking a hit for not talking to me, then you should let ppl know that you have.

      best,

      Doug





No comments:

Post a Comment