Sunday, November 20, 2011

Political "Plenty of Fish"


  • 2 hours ago
    Cheryl H 
    • Jim, congratulations! 12% of the vote is pretty good for someone's first time out. I thank you and honour you for your attempt to give service to your community. Small words of advise here ( that and a
      bushel of corn will get you nowhere).
      Don't count the cost in dollars or time. It was no more money than you could have spent on a luxury vacation and look how much energy you got out of this!
      I suspect you went into this with little seasoned political help. And I suspect you did this virtually on your own. Next time you might want to investigate the who and what of that help and try and get yourself a team.Please also think that there will be both a provincial and federal election before the next mayorolty race. Now is the time to make consideration of those opportunities. Talk to a sitting member, explore the parties, speak to the riding presidents and make a wholehearted decision about being in those races.
      This may have been a " what the heck, I'm going to try" moment from you. You have now entered the Cave and fought the first dragon. Keep going--Dragon Slaying isn't a lost art.
      Cheryl
  • 2 minutes ago
    Jim Routledge
    • good love Cheryl - i needed that. I have no regrets - many people, (most of actual voters I suspect) saw my name for the first time when they got their ballot. They may have had nothing come to mind in that moment. That is a victory, that is political equity. I may have lost a few voters with my clear opinions but I lost none because of ignorant, unfair or rude behaviour. I seriously doubt John will seek a third term so am well positioned to be a contender. I gained experience and credibility - in my world at least. I have more than just "potential" now. The other thing is that I am going to keep working, doing what I can as always on the supportive housing, Newcastle etc. I am still on the Transportation Committee and am still working with the new Zoning Bylaw - nothing has changed that way - what got me here will continue to grow. Your advice on political affiliations is valid, I need all the help I can get. I can see its a bit like the Hotel or Foot Ferry for Nanaimo, when one is justified, it will happen. Is my 12% worthy of affiliation, of investment? Will I want it too? This election is the equivalent of a political "Plenty of Fish". I have a profile, is there a suitable connection out there looking I wonder. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment