Thursday, October 20, 2011

Concerned Citizens - please include me...



From: Jim Routledge <routledgejim@shaw.ca>
Date: October 20, 2011 5:31:58 PM PDT
To: info@whatswrongwiththispicture.ca
Bcc: Goody Niosi <gniosi@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: We want to know where you stand on the Uplands Low Barrier housing site

Good question Katia - Sorry for not saying hi today at Mon Petite Choux,  I realized it was you were at the table beside me but you were pretty busy.   Still I should have said hi, that is after all the second time we have been close enough to be introduced, my apologies.  Perhaps the 3rd time I will get it right.


1. Where do you stand on the issue of the Uplands Low Barrier housing?

I am in favor of it.  It can be a constructive, positive, synergistic addition to our neighbourhood.  I have seen ones that I like and am willing to work hard to make a good one happen here.  The operator selection process is underway - I am currently collecting information that I would like to share with you on both 1) who is going to be analyzing the tender respondents & 2) how the analysis will be conduct - ie. what objective criteria, weighting, variables & subjective considerations etc.  3) the timing of the analysis process and results.    I have much to share.  I need a phone number - I am wondering how to connect with you.

2) Are you for or against the development?

I am for it:  Apart from the benefits to the homeless people involved.  There is $36.5Million is being handed to us.  This is serious money to me at least.  If we don't find a way to say "yes please", we lose it.  There are no ifs or buts,  no delays, it is "yes please" or nothing.

The spin off effects of this for the "supportive care industry" including medical services will be significant.  Apart from that, I can see that a demonstration of willingness to deal with social issues professionally & efficiently, will attract people to our community.  There are many good examples of communities doing just that.   Good schools, stores, recreation, water & waste treatment facilities are not the only thing that community selection decisions are based on.

I have a commitment tomorrow evening - I cant be at the Oliver Rd session.

How about Serious Coffee at 7:30am tomorrow?

Regards

Jim Routledge


On 2011-10-20, at 9:45 AM, info@whatswrongwiththispicture.ca wrote:

The Concerned Citizens of Nanaimo are canvassing candidates standing in the General Election to find out the following:

1. Where do you stand on the issue of the Uplands Low Barrier housing?  Are you for or against the development?
2. Do you think that the City has an obligation to freeze development and consult with the Uplands and Hammond Bay Area communities before development commences?

We request a paragraph of no more than 200 words be submitted in response to our questions.  We will only take the first 200 words of any response, so please be succinct.

Sincerely,
The Concerned Citizens of Nanaimo.

No comments:

Post a Comment